16.10.08

Fucking Nostalgic At 3AM

Some big news on the case today ... it still fucking sucks, and contrary to the rumored last shows people have been asking about, there is no such thing and anyone that tells you that any Cursed anything is ever happening anywhere, is full of shit. I just came home from seeing Young Widows here at Dees, some very near and dear friends that we spent a lot of time with on the road and shared all the best and worst of it with. Their new record Old Wounds is their best yet, and they fucking devastated tonight, and reminded me of all the good things and people that got me through some shit times in life - which in turn reminded me of the shitty things and shit people that drag down those good things.  Which outweighs the other? I can't say. As Integrity once put it, "a trial of humanity, going on inside of me - and the verdict will be the death of me". I miss you, old friends. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They did fucking kill lastnight! I have not been blown away in a long time. I can't wait to hear the record more!

feedingthefire said...

Chris- I still think the best outweighs the shit, even though sometimes going through it doesn't seem like it. Keep your chin up.

nb xo

Anonymous said...

hey chris.
Kill the bosses. kill the priests. kill the shepherds. –

shave the sheep.

Anonymous said...

Chris- several years ago you guys played with Verse, and you later stayed the night at my apartment (I lived in Kansas City). We stayed up talking about obscure serial killers and even more obscure horror movies (you left me a sweet list to go through that was organized by country!) Years later I am finishing up a tour in Iraq in which I have seen many.... things, and gone through a divorce. Your last record with Cursed helped a lot. I needed the vitriol some mornings to pull together. I just wanted to say thank you for that.
--Luke

CC said...

Luke -

Holy...fuck. That is harder than anything I'll probably ever have to deal with in my life. Glad you're in one piece, and I'm glad if that helped you get through that. I remember that night, and getting shocked a lot at that show. Couldn't win that night. But man, living in Kansas City, World War 3 must be a piece of cake for you! Stay safe.

Everybody else - thanks. Chin is up.

R2K - You are a robot. I like that.